SYNTHETIC HAIR EXTENSION- A COMPLETE GUIDE
Wearing hair extensions is becoming fashion nowadays not necessity. As it is the easiest way to change your hairstyle and color without manipulating your real hair. Many people opt synthetic wig rather than human wig because they are more affordable and can match your style. Some products which are available in the market are so good that you will not be able to tell them apart from a human hair wig unless you are looking for it. Synthetic hair is low on maintenance. The effort required to style, clean and store them is relatively less. They are less expensive too.
What are Synthetic hair extensions?
Synthetic hair extensions are made from synthetic, man-made fibres which are designed to look and feel as similar to human hair as possible. There are various types of plastics that can be used to make synthetic hair extensions; these include Acrylonitrile, Acrylic, Polyethylene-terephthalate, PVC, Silicone, Single-filament polyester, Silk and Vinyl. Many of you might rise a question in your head that How Long Do Synthetic Hair Extensions Last? And the answer is Synthetic hair extensions have an average lifespan of 1 to 3 months
What are Pros and Cons of Synthetic Hair?
These wigs are created from man-made synthetic fibres of nylon using technology that gives the same look like the natural hair. Like human hair wigs, synthetic wigs also have several pros and cons.
- You can easily take care of synthetic hair wigs as they come pre-styled and retain those styles. Once washed and dried; the wigs go back to their initial style.
- Regardless of any weather conditions, these wigs aren’t damaged.
- People can choose from the array of natural hair color wigs and fantasy colors.
- Because of their material and adherence to a specific style, synthetic wigs are much easier to maintain.
- It is cost effective for people looking for an affordable way to change their style.
- They might have an unnatural shine that makes the wig detectable.
- They are not versatile Because you are unable to heat style synthetic hair extensions, you will be limited to wear them as they come.
- Also, these wigs don’t last as long as the human hair wigs.
How to Take Care of Synthetic Hair Extensions
- Comb out tangles with a wide tooth comb gently. A wide tooth comb won’t snag the hair like a comb with smaller teeth does. Work from the ends of the hair to the roots as you gently comb the tangles out. In other words, work from the bottom up.
- Washing Your Synthetic Hair Extensions- Use shampoo especially for synthetic fiber or a mild shampoo to wash your synthetic hair extensions. If you have trouble with finding a shampoo that specifically formulated for synthetic hair, you could try a mild shampoo which features “sulfate-free” to cleanse your extensions. Please do not wash the synthetic hair too often. Only wash it when it is visibly dirty.
- Use cold or warm water- Cool water closes the hair cuticles on human hair. On synthetic hair, cool water won’t disrupt any of the coatings on the hair or alter the curl pattern like hot water can. So, rinse out the hair thoroughly with cool water until all of the lather has rinsed out and the water runs clear. Soak the synthetic extensions in cool/warm water for 3-5 minutes and carefully wash the hair with mild/synthetic hair shampoo by hands. Do not rub or twist the hair.
- Detangling conditioner is highly recommended- You want to prevent the hair from detangling at all costs. If the hair gets tangled, then you will have to painstakingly detangle it without messing up the texture, curl or wave pattern of the hair. Since the hair is not natural, moisturizing conditioner won’t be as effective as it is on human hair because the synthetic hair can’t absorb it. Therefore it is important to apply detangling conditioner to the synthetic fiber and prevent hair from tangling during the cleaning process. Remember to rinse the conditioner completely and put the towel on the hair to gently absorb the excess water.
Following such basic steps we can take good care of the synthetic hair wig and get an optimal life span for the synthetic wig.