Ombre Nails- Blending Of Different Colors.
Ombre nails are for everyone with every nail shape. They can look fun, casual, childish but also professional and classy. You have to choose perfect combination as every other color shade is ideal for every occasion for example soft pastel ombre fade for the day to day, or glitter ombre nail art for a special occasion like a wedding. In most cases technician will apply light color on the top of the nail and dark on the bottom eventually they will blend up. If you like this nail art then keep reading on to find different ideas of ombre nail art as well as what are the steps involve in this manicure.
These are the only things you will need:
- Nail clippers
- Nail file
- Cuticle pusher
- Base coat
- Top coat
- q-tip /Cotton Swab
- Three contrasting nail polishes
- Top coat
- Small make-up sponge
- Paper plate, wax paper, or plastic sheet
- Fine-tip brush
- Nail polish remover or acetone
- Petroleum Jelly
- This is the very first step every manicure. You need to sure that your nails are free of any oil or containment as these will prevent the polish from sticking. This will also help to avoid chipping, cracking, and maintaining your manicure last longer. The soap will remove some oils on the nails so in this step, you will need to soak your nails in soap water for few minutes’ hands. Then dry your nails with an oil free material such as paper towel.
- Use a cotton swab and soak it into the nail polish remover and clean the nails, then trim and file the nails with a nail clipper then get your nails to your desire, even, and equal length. Take electric nail file machine and smooth out the edges and shape of your nails in your wanted shape like square, coffin, oval or almond etc.
- The next step is to apply a soft nail coat or base coat which should preferably be transparent if you are going for more than two colors. You can even use one with a simple gloss or the one with the nude look. Let the base coat dry and make sure there are no bumps on the base coat.
- Once the base is done start by applying the primary color coat. If you are using only one color you don’t need to put any other primary coat. While your top coat dries, on a sheet of plastic or paper, the thick kind, pour two or three drops of the required color you want the ombre effect to be in. Here use the nail polish brush for the drops. You can use more than one color here too. With a toothpick or a safety pin mix in the color and then comes the use of the sponge.
- Dip the sponge in the nail paint blob and then start dabbing your nail tips with the sponge. You would notice the ombre starting to take shape. Your sponge consistency should be easily airy to avoid too much color during the ombre effect on the transition line so it is often advised to use the sponge corner to create the transition line. Once you've finished your first nail, repeat steps three and four on your other nine nails. You may need to blot the sponge several times to transfer the polish evenly onto the nail. Keep going until you're happy with the result.
- Clear the spilled-over nail polish around the nail with a Q-tip dipped in nail paint remover. (Tip- You can apply petroleum jelly on the skin surrounding the nail so that the polish won’t stick to the skin when dabbing the sponge. However, make sure that the jelly does not tough the nails at it will prevent the polish from sticking to the nails.)
- Apply top coat for a smooth and glossy finish. Also the topcoat protects and prolongs the life of your nail polish. And voila!
There are different type of Ombre nail art are done by professional like Marble Ombre (this nails are an eye-catching style that’s sure to draw plenty of complements. This will achieve by creating different color nail paint lines on the sponge. The accenting marble nails add some dimension and make this edgy, punky manicure a little more artsy); Glitter Ombre nails,(for this, you can use either glitter nail polish or clear nail polish and loose glitter. You can apply both products easily with a sponge). Many others like modern ombre nude ombre, sunset look and so on.
Nail art is just creativity and it is limitless. Use your own creation or if you really obsessed with ombre nail art then opt for professionals to get your desire ombre nail art then you will definitely fall in love with your nails.